Selangor has an advanced water supply system managed by Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (SYABAS). SYABAS has set up a Customer Service Centre, PUSPEL to better service the consumers. PUSPEL operates 24-hour for customers’ convenience. PUSPEL Customer Service personnel will receive, manage, and resolve all consumers’ complaints and queries in relation to water supply, water quality, water bills and water disruptions.
Guidelines of Water Supply Application
APPLICATION FOR WATER SOURCE
The owners or the developers, through the consultants appointed by them, can submit the application to SYABAS by forwarding the following documents:
- Letters of Appointment from the owners or developers and confirmation letters as registered consultant engineers with SYABAS;
- Water demand calculations in accordance with SYABAS requirements stipulated in Table 1;
- A copy of approval letter and Development Order from the relevant Local Authority;
- Key and Location Plans;
- Site Plans (1 : 10, 000) preferably using the Street Directory Maps and certified by a professional Land Surveyor;
- Site plans with contour lines at 5 m interval and proposed platform levels of the proposed development (in meter or feet ODL).
For daily demand less than 225,000 litres, these documents shall be submitted directly to the respective district office of SYABAS.
SUBMISSION FOR THE CONCEPTUAL DESIGNS
1. For daily demand exceeding 4.5 million liters and is to be developed phase by phase, the conceptual designs for the whole areas must be submitted to SYABAS.
2. Two (2) sets of Conceptual Design Report containing the following information shall be submitted:
- General description of the Project;
- Water demand schedules in accordance with the types of development for the whole area;
- Water demand schedules in accordance with each phase and type of development, together with the year in which each phase is to be developed;
- Supply zone from the reservoir for each phase must be indicated;
- Hydraulic calculations for peak flow from the source to reservoirs, incoming mains, the levels and sizes of suction tanks, pumping mains, the levels and sizes of reservoirs and the residual heads in the pipes for a particular supplied zone;
- Brief descriptions and schematic diagrams which shows the whole water supply systems including nodes, outflow from each node, lengths and sizes of pipes.
Note: For factories where the water demands cannot be ascertained, use 75, 000 lpd (16, 500 gpd) for each hectare of land. Please liaise with the Planning and Development Department for further information.
- Next >>
Want to Know More?
No, F1-2-G, Jln Multimedia 7/AG CityPark, i-City, 40000,
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia